What personal data do we collect
- your name
- your contact details including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your on-line browsing activity on Goodyears Outdoors
- your password
- when you make a purchase, the last 4 digits of your payment card if used
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your location
- your correspondence and communications with Goodyears Outdoors
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Goodyears Outdoors uses your personal data -
- to provide goods and services to you
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- to verify your identity
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products which we think may interest you
- to enable Goodyears Outdoors to manage customer interactions with you and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
Sharing data with third parties
We do not sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunal and insurers where we are required to do so : -
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosection of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access)
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten)
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification)
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reason to do so (the right to object)
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below
How can I contact Goodyears Outdoors about a data protection issue
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that have not been answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal date, please contact us by any of the following means -
- Phone us on 01983 408181
- Email us at email@example.com
- write to us at: Goodyears Outdoors, College Close, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8EB
What can you do to help protect your data
Goodyears Outdoors will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Goodyears Outdoors asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Goodyears Outdoors and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Our website is powered using Shopify and cookies and other tracking technologies will be used by Shopify when you use our site.
What are cookies
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit certain websites. We use a number of different cookies on the Shopify website, including strictly necessary, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
What cookies do we use and why?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store:
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_orig_referrer||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|Cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|Secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|Secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|tracked_start_checkout||Shopify analytics relating to checkout.|
How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
How to control cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Goodyears Outdoors cannot be responsible for the effectiveness of any such opt-out options.